HCSS does not discriminate students on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, sex, ethnicity, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age, ancestry, athletic performance, special need, proficiency in the English language or in a foreign language, or academic achievement when recruiting or admitting students. The Hampden Charter School of Science may not set admissions criteria that are intended to discriminate or that have the effect of discriminating based upon any of these characteristics. The process of enrollment will be conducted according to the laws and the regulations of Massachusetts (M.G.L. c. 71, § 89(l); 603 CMR 1.06(1); 603 CMR 1.06(9)).
Hampden Charter School of Science accepts applications from students who resides in Massachusetts, with preference given to students who reside within Agawam, Chicopee, Holyoke, Ludlow, Springfield, Westfield and West Springfield districts of Massachusetts. It is HCSS’ responsibility to ensure that perspective students and their families understand the mission and focus of the school.
Throughout the year Hampden Charter School of Science will provide information about the school to all students and families interested in joining HCSS’ community.
1.Candidates for admission to apply for the grade immediately following their current grade and have successfully completed that grade to be admitted.
2. Students to reside within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts at the time that they submit an Application Form (attached) and at the time that they are offered admission
3. That primary preference for admission be given to siblings of students "currently attending" the school in accordance with Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education regulations.
4. Parents/guardians and students to fill out the application forms and sign the agreement forms that demonstrate their agreement with and understanding of the school's mission and regulations, such as code of conduct. and strongly recommends and requests:
5. Parents/guardians and students to attend an informational session prior to enrollment (this requirement is waived until 2009 application year).
1.Give preferences to children of the school’s staff or Board members;
2. Give preference to siblings of students accepted to the school, but not yet attending; or
3. Make statements in meetings intended to discourage, or that have the effect of discouraging, parents/guardians of students with disabilities, students with limited English proficiency, or any other protected group of students from submitting an application form to the school. (See M.G.L. c. 71 § 89(1))
Applicants who fail to meet the eligibility criteria will be notified by mail.
The application forms will be available to families at the Information Sessions and school’s open house events, where HCSS can inform the applicants about the mission, the vision, and the education philosophy of the school. Also, district-wide outreach efforts such as announcements and posts in the local newspapers, community centers, libraries, and schools will be conducted annually to ensure a diverse enrollment process. The HCSS website will provide the latest up-to-date information on the enrollment dates and deadlines.
To finalize the registration we need following documents:
Students will not be admitted unless HCSS get all the required documents.