Enrollment Criteria and Requirements
For HCSS-East and HCSS-West:
Application Deadline: Friday, March 9, 2018
Public Lottery: Monday, March 12, 2018
Place: HCSS-East, 20 Johnson Rd. Chicopee, MA 01022
At the close of the application period, the total number of students with completed applications is determined for each grade. If the total number of applicants is less than or equal to the total capacity designated for a particular grade level, all applicants for that grade level will be offered enrollment.
Applicants must reside within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts at the time that they submit an Application Form, to enroll, and to attend our school, if offered admission. Reasonable proof of current residency must be provided at the time an offer of admission is made. G.L. c. 71, § 89(ff).
- All students accepted at any point must begin attending the registered school in accordance with the attendance policy and calendar. Students will be unenrolled and the seat will be given to the next person on the waitlist if the student does not enroll within ten (10) school days of their anticipated start date (e.g., from the first day of school).
- An application does not require dual parent/guardian signatures or the submission of the student’s social security number.
- We require two proofs of address for each application and the following documents may be used to prove residency*.
- A parent/guardian’s valid MA driver license
- A utility bill (not water or cell phone) dated within the past 60 days
- A deed, mortgage payment dated within the past 60 days, or property tax bill dated within the last year
- A current lease, Section 8 agreement, or landlord affidavit
- A W2 form dated within the year or a payroll stub dated within the past 60 days
- A bank or credit card statement dated within the past 60 days
- A letter from an approved government agency** dated within the past 60 days
- The bills must reflect the place where the child and parent/guardian actually reside. It cannot reflect an alternate address such as a vacation home, relative’s address, business, or rental property where the family does not actually reside.
- We do not administer tests to potential applicants or predicate enrollment on results from any test of ability or achievement. 603 CMR 1.05(3)(a).
Any falsification of documentation or misrepresentations will result in rescinding an offer of admission or in the loss of enrollment status, which may also occur after the student has started attending the school.
* Homeless students are eligible to apply and enroll at the school. Eligibility will not be affected by homelessness status. If other reasonable documentation is not available, an affidavit may be sufficient. The location of a student’s prior permanent residence does not provide a residency preference for admission. Homeless students, however, must still provide reasonable proof of residency to receive an admission preference based on where they are currently living, which will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
**Approved government agencies: Departments of Revenue (DOR), Children and Family Services (DCF), Transitional Assistance (DTA), Youth Services (DYS), Social Security, any communications on Commonwealth of Massachusetts Letterhead.